‘Fostering Positive Relationships between Indigenous & non-Indigenous Peoples’
Offered in the same format as the public sessions (i.e., live-streamed, interactive and Indigenous-led), you can book a private KBE Teaching & Sharing Circle (T&SC) — for your team, staff, students, congregants or community members — as a way to foster a common understanding of truth and reconciliation as well as provide an engaging educational experience for your group. Here are a few details about booking a private group session:
- Each session can accommodate up to 40 adult participants. This ensures that everyone has the opportunity to actively engage during the Sharing Circle.
- Most sessions can be adapted for a youth audience (grade 8 to 12). Youth groups are limited to 30 participants, including the teacher/instructor.
- Topics currently offered include All My Relations, the Impact of Residential Schools, We are All Treaty People , the Doctrine of Discovery, Métis Teachings, Missing and Murdered Indigenous People, Shannen’s Dream & Jordan’s Principle, and many more…
- The cost per session is $30/participant with a minimum booking fee of $600. Please note that the quote/cost is based on the host’s estimated number of participants at the time of booking. If additional participants sign onto the T&SC, the invoice will be adjusted accordingly at the $30/participant rate. Please note that discounts to schools and KBE partner groups will be applied to the quotes.
- Once you have determined the session you wish to book, the number of participants, and the date/time, please complete and submit this form and you will be emailed a quote within three business days. After accepting the quote, the booking will be arranged and, once finalized, you will be sent a confirmation email on which your presenter will be copied so that you can provide her/him with your session/meeting URL.
- Please note that hosts are asked to provide and manage the Zoom meeting (or whatever streaming system they use). After the confirmation email is sent to the host and presenter, the host (now having the contact details of the presenter) can email the presenter the meeting URL. These details are provided again in the confirmation email.