Canada Wide

When dealing with emotional reactions, it can be helpful to talk to someone you feel comfortable with.

If you are not sure what kind of support you need, or to get more information about health supports call:

24-hour crisis line – 1-866-925-4419

or visit Health Canada Coping with Emotional Reactions

Indigenous Support

Mental health and wellness in First Nations and Inuit communities

Indian Residential School Survivors Society

First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)

Talk4Healing or call 1.855.554.4325

Survivors crisis line is open 24/7 – 1.800.721.0066

National Indian Residential School Crisis Line – 1.866.925.4419

If you’re a settler, here are some places where you can make a donation to support Residential School Survivors and their families:

If you’re a settler, here are some educational resources on residential schools: 

  • Sign up for Indigenous Canada, a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) from the Faculty of Native Studies at the University of Alberta that explores Indigenous histories and contemporary issues in Canada.